Monday, February 15, 2010

my heart is stuck at Ft. Benning!

I don't often feel speechless. Heck, normally I will talk to a wall if there is no one else around but tonight I feel like there's nothing more to talk about than how consumed with sadness I am. I dropped Dave off at the airport yesterday morning to report for duty in GA. Happy freakin' Valentine's Day! I don't think I have ever felt so awful in my entire life. I'm not usually one who gets to wrapped up in the whole Valentine's day thing because only ONE big day of love a year doesn't seem so great to me. I prefer to dispense my love evenly throughout the year ;) It was just so terrible because Dave and I have never spent more than 12 hours apart and missing him is so unbearable. Reading people's facebook status updates about the wonderful times they had with thier husbands/boyfriends just made his absence that much worse. My best friend is gone. There isn't anyone around to slap my butt in the kitchen and irritate me! lol I don't have any desire to sleep in our bed because it just seems to big and lonley without him holding me. I miss his forehead kisses and even though I got to talk to him and pray with him before bed, hearing "goodnight beautiful" over the phone wasn't quite as great as when it's accompanied with a kiss and a cuddle. I wore his shirt to sleep last night because it smelled like him. I smell his aftershave in the bathroom. If it feels this awful with him in another state how will I deal with another country? Keep my sweet soldier in prayer because I don't think I can handle deployment. Don't have any current pictures of him in Uniform but here's a very old one. I love you baby and I'm so very proud to be your wife. Uncle Sam, please let my husband come home to his wife and kids ASAP! kthx
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment