Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting to know the Latch clan.

Hi there! Thought I should introduce myself and my cute little family for those who don't know me very well or don't know me at all for that matter! My name is Lori & I am a 25 year old mommy of two gorgeous girls and one big boy (my husband). I have lived in West Texas since I was 4 and I don't see myself ever leaving. It's such a great place to raise a family!Photobucket
I own a party planning company called Piece of Cake but for the most part I'm a stay at home mom. I offer a wide variety of services including event planning, invitations, custom cakes, photography, and unique gifts. Mainly I do cakes though and not really by choice, but more because people call day in and day out for them. I don't LOVE doing cakes. Hell I don't even LIKE doing cakes most days but hey, it brings in some extra shopping money so I don't complain much!
Photobucket, Photobucket, Photobucket
I love to sing, scrapbook, read, write, paint, take pictures, and anything else artsy really. I have big plans for the future but I am willing to wait on God's timing before putting them all into action. For now I would rather make being the best mommy I can be my full time job.
Photobucket
Now meet my hubby Dave. He's 26 but a big kid at heart. He is actually from California but moved here officially when he got out of the Army in 08. We met about 4 days later through his sister (a very close friend of mine) and have pretty much been inseparable since. He is truly my best friend even though he irritates the crap out of me about 99% of the time, and I often refer to him as "my 3rd child". lol I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. We have a blast together . We really don't have a thing in common honestly but I think that is what makes us work. If we were both the same, one of us would be useless right!??!
Photobucket
Then there is Payton Faith or Paytie as we often call her. She is likely the sweetest and smartest 4 year old you will ever meet (not to mention GORGEOUS) and I don't just say that because she is my child. She is wise beyond her years and always manages to talk sense into me when I'm not making any sense to myself. She has a heart of gold! I home school her because she wasn't feeling challenged enough in her old preschool ( I know this because she informed me that she didn't really like the other kids in her class because she was smarter than they were! lol) She will be 5 next month but misses the cutoff for Kindergarden by a few weeks so I will keep her home one more year before sending her off to an academically suitable Kindergarden. Yes, I actually researched the curriculums! She is so much like me it is scary. She loves books, painting, hannah montana, ballet, singing, and any kind of pasta! She starts soccer next month and she couldn't be more excited! I love watching the little person she is becoming.
Photobucket
Finally we have our newest addition: Taylor Grace or Tater Tot. She just turned 6 months old and is the spitting image of her Daddy. She's a doll but definetly not my easy child. She is stubborn as can be (she gets that from her Daddy too). That child makes me want to pull my hair out somedays but she is just too stinkin' cute to stay mad at. Her smile melts my heart. Her personality is developing a little more everyday. Babies are soooooo fun!

Last but certainly not least come our really dumb but very loveable furry children Bella & Shilo. They actually came to us via my ex-husband. Hence the dumb traits! ha ha jk (kinda) Bella will be one next month and Shilo is two.
BellaPhotobucket ShiloPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment